Behold my Loaded Oreo Peanut Butter Bars, aka, the best bars I have ever made. Seriously, these peanut butter bars take the cake, so to speak, for the most outrageously delicious and downright addictive treat to ever come out of the Sweetest Menu Kitchen.
It’s a big call I know, but when you consider they have a chocolate Oreo crust, a smooth peanut butter filling and a layer of dark chocolate that is studded with peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips AND honey roasted peanuts, it really is no surprise. No surprise at all.
We have already discussed the perfect match that is peanut butter and chocolate here, here and here. But I have to say it again because these bars take that perfect match and raise it like 1,000 times. They have everything. A crunchy chocolate biscuit base, thanks to the Oreos, a ridiculously smooth peanut butter filling and a chocolate topping that makes other chocolate toppings look, well, rather conservative.
I don’t want to be one of those people that goes on and on about one particular topic but I NEED to convince you guys to make these because I just can’t keep the secret to myself, i want to shout it from the rooftops! THESE BARS ARE AMAZING!
Oh and did I mention they are no bake?! Yes! No baking or cooking involved whatsoever. It just doesn’t get any better, I’m telling you. So what are you up to this weekend? I am attempting a few new recipe creations (did I hear someone say smores?) and getting ready to wish my mum a happy birthday.
I am also still coming to terms with the fact that it is August already – where is this year going? I can tell you one thing that will make your weekend even better – these Loaded Oreo Peanut Butter Bars! Go on, you know you want to! 😉
Loaded Oreo Peanut Butter Bars
- Yield: Makes one 8 inch square pan
- 20 plain Oreos
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
Peanut butter layer
- 1 and 1/2 cup (375 grams) smooth peanut butter
- 130 grams (1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, softened
- 220 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality dark chocolate, pieces
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) Reeses peanut butter cups, chopped
- 40 grams (1/3 cup) honey roasted peanuts
- A handful of chocolate chips
- A handful of peanut butter chips
- Grease and line an 8 inch square tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. Crush your Oreos (filling and all) until they resemble fine crumbs using a food processor or if you don’t have one, use a plastic zip lock bag and a rolling pin. Melt your butter in the microwave, stirring in-between 10 second bursts and then pour over your Oreos. Stir until all the biscuit crumbs are nice and wet and then pour them into your prepared tin. Use the back of a spoon to gently push down the crumbs so they form a nice even layer – make sure you get into those corners! Pop into the fridge.
- Next, add your peanut butter, butter (make sure its nice and soft), powdered sugar and salt to a large mixing bowl. Beat together on low using an electric mixer until combined and then turn the speed up a little and whizz until your mixture becomes nice and smooth. Pour the peanut butter mixture over your Oreo crust and spread out as evenly as you can. Pop into the fridge.
- Finally, melt your milk chocolate in the microwave, stirring in between 15 second bursts. When the chocolate is almost melted, add the peanut butter and pop into the microwave for another 10-20 seconds until the chocolate is nice and smooth. Quickly pour the chocolate over your peanut butter layer and spread out until it fills all the gaps. Then its time to decorate! Cover the top while the chocolate is still wet with your chopped peanut butter cups, peanuts, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Pop into the fridge to set for 4 hours or overnight. Then cut into small squares and enjoy!