Prep: 270 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutes
Amazing peanut butter bar with an Oreo crust topped with chocolate and roasted peanuts.
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
Peanut butter layer
- 1 and 1/2 cup (375 grams) smooth peanut butter
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 190 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality dark chocolate, pieces
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) Reeses peanut butter cups, chopped
- 40 grams (1/3 cup) honey roasted peanuts
- A handful of chocolate chips
- A handful of peanut butter chips
- Grease and line an 8 inch square tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. Crush your Oreos (filling and all) until they resemble fine crumbs using a food processor or if you don’t have one, use a plastic zip lock bag and a rolling pin. Melt your butter in the microwave, stirring in-between 10 second bursts and then pour over your Oreos. Stir until all the biscuit crumbs are nice and wet and then pour them into your prepared tin. Use the back of a spoon to gently push down the crumbs so they form a nice even layer – make sure you get into those corners! Pop into the fridge.
- Next, add your peanut butter, butter (make sure its nice and soft), powdered sugar and salt to a large mixing bowl. Beat together on low using an electric mixer until combined and then turn the speed up a little and whizz until your mixture becomes nice and smooth. Pour the peanut butter mixture over your Oreo crust and spread out as evenly as you can. Pop into the fridge.
- Finally, melt your milk chocolate in the microwave, stirring in between 15 second bursts. When the chocolate is almost melted, add the peanut butter and pop into the microwave for another 10-20 seconds until the chocolate is nice and smooth. Quickly pour the chocolate over your peanut butter layer and spread out until it fills all the gaps. Then its time to decorate! Cover the top while the chocolate is still wet with your chopped peanut butter cups, peanuts, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Pop into the fridge to set for 4 hours or overnight. Then cut into small squares and enjoy!
Category: DessertCuisine: American