Say hello to my new favourite cookies! Golden brown buttery cookies bursting with crunchy pistachio nuts and chunky pieces of dark chocolate, finished with a sprinkling of sea salt.
Crisp on the outside, with a centre that melts in your mouth, dotted with gooey pockets of chocolate and a sweet pistachio flavour. These cookies are just a little bit fancy – perhaps the black tie version of the more casual chocolate chip cookie. Perfect for an after-dinner sweet or wrapped as a gift for your cookie-loving friends.
Well I’m pleased to let you know we MADE it. We moved to a new apartment in a new city and are officially living in Sydney. It’s been a whirlwind of a week and my head is still spinning but things are finally settling down now we have most of the big things sorted.
We are unpacked, there’s furniture in our apartment, food in our fridge and we found somewhere to park our car. This city is big, vibrant and bursting with energy. It’s also undeniably beautiful with its old world Victorian architecture and brilliant blue beaches, found just 30 minutes from the heart of the city.
In between all the chores of moving, we’ve already been able to sample some of the good food this city has to offer, from fairy bread macarons to salted caramel donuts and Nutella hot chocolates. Add in some sensational dumplings, flavourful Vietnamese salad and big beef burgers and I can see that I will need to prioritise some exercise STAT.
It’s funny though. As much as I love love love to eat out, homemade goods are still the best. I have missed having my baking overflowing from the fridge and freezer, with a plate of freshly baked cookies sitting on the bench. Especially ones as irresistible as these Dark Chocolate Pistachio Cookies.
Well it’s time for me to set foot back into my kitchen and decipher the settings on a new oven and discover what the lighting in this new apartment is like. I hope you have a great week! Be sure to give these cookies a go if you are on the hunt for a fancy pants new treat!
Dark Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
Dark Chocolate Pistachio Cookies – Golden brown, buttery cookies bursting with crunchy pistachio nuts and chunky pieces of dark chocolate.
- Yield: Makes 14-15 cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) pistachio nuts
- 110 grams (3/4 cup) dark chocolate
- Sea salt
- Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric beater until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat until combined. Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and stir gently. Add the pistachio nuts and chunks of and stir through.
- Use a cookie scoop or roll small balls of dough in your hands and pop them onto your prepared trays. Bake your cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Sprinkle the cookies with sea salt. Once the cookies have cooled slightly, gently remove from the tray and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.