Prep: 30 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 42 minutes
Chewy Dark Chocolate Pistachio Cookies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) pistachio nuts
- 110 grams (3/4 cup) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars using an electric beater until pale and creamy – approximately 1-2 minutes. Add vanilla and egg and beat briefly until combined.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix until a soft cookie dough starts to form. Add pistachio nuts and chunks of chocolate and mix briefly on low speed.
- Use a cookie scoop or your hands to roll cookies into balls, approximately 1 tablespoon of cookie dough each, and place on your prepared trays. Leave room for the cookies to spread out.
- Bake your cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. While they are still warm, sprinkle with sea salt.
- Once the cookies have cooled slightly, gently remove from the tray and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories: 219
Category: DessertCuisine: American