When cookies and breakfast cereal collide, you get THESE! 👆🏻
The perfect golden morsel of chewy cookie dough loaded with Rice Krispies (or Rice Bubbles, depending where you live), milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and raisins.
If you love regular chocolate chips cookies (me 🙌🏻 ), then you will LOVE these super chewy and crunchy Chewy Rice Krispie Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. Spiced with a little cinnamon, they have flavour, texture and loads of chocolate!
I am BEYOND excited to share these cookies with you! I seriously love them. And my husband said they just might be the BEST thing to ever come out of the Sweetest Menu kitchen – what a compliment!
But honestly, these cookies taste better than I could have imagined. They are perfectly crisp, with plenty of crunch from the rice cereal, chew from the raisins and sweetness from the milk and white chocolate chips.
I feel like these are kind of a ‘throw everything you have in the pantry’ type cookie. But I promise, this combination JUST WORKS. It’s like the perfect child of a golden Chocolate Chip Cookie and a Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.
The Rice Krispies bake really well and keep their crunch, which was actually a nice surprise. I really loved the texture they added to these cookies and definitely think I’ll be adding them to my cookies more often. I’m a huge FAN!
So tell me, how was your weekend? I just got back from a weekend away in Canberra. Apart from playing tourist, we also ate some really good food, including one of the famous FreakShakes from Patissez – I’ve been wanted to try one ever since they went viral last year!
If you’re after gorgeous Asian food, try Akiba and delicious ice-cream can be found at Frugii. We finished it off with a beautiful breakfast at The Cupping Room. All in all, it was quite the feast!
Chewy Rice Krispie Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Chewy Rice Krispie Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, raisins and rice cereal.
- Yield: Makes 14-16 cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 60 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) Rice Krispies or Rice Bubble cereal
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk and white chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and cinnamon and stir using a wooden spoon.
- Add the rice cereal, chocolate chips and raisins. Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on the prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Pop a few extra chocolate chips on top. Place in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.