You only need 5 ingredients to make these easy Twix Slice And Bake Cookies. Buttery shortbread cookies stuffed with chopped caramel chocolate Twix Bars, perfect for Christmas.
Slice, bake AND eat.
Have you ever discovered the joy of Slice and Bake Cookies? Buttery shortbread cookies that can be sliced and baked in the oven at any time of the day or night?
They’re the answer to every cookie lovers dream ❤️
Remember my Peppermint Chocolate Shortbread Cookies? I love to make those at Christmas, but these Twix Slice and Bake Cookies can be made every day of the year.
Buttery cookies stuffed with chocolate caramel Twix bars, making them extra sweet and sticky, with pockets of gooey caramel in every single bite.
If you’re a fan of Twix bars, you’ll love these easy-to-make cookies!
Essentially a shortbread cookie dough, these Twix Slice and Bake Cookies are SO easy to make. With only 5 ingredients (and no eggs), they come together in about 15 minutes!
Roll them up and pop them in the fridge for at least one hour.
Then whenever, WHENEVER, the cookie craving hits, you can just slice the cookie dough and bake the cookies in the oven.
You can bake just 1 cookie or 10 cookies or the WHOLE batch. It’s completely up to you.
You can store the cookie dough in the fridge or freezer for when friends pop over unexpectedly (does that happen anymore?) or when you’ve run out of dessert and are in need of an after-dinner treat. #reallife
It was so nice to bake this weekend after being away for a week in Tokyo! Husband and I absolutely loved Japan. We had so much fun exploring the city – and what a massive city it is.
I’ll be sharing my favourite things to do and eat in Tokyo very soon, in case you’re thinking of taking a trip. In the meantime, let’s EAT cookies!
Easy buttery Slice And Bake Cookies studded with Twix caramel bars.
- 230 grams (1 cup / 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125 grams (1 cup) powdered or icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 315 grams (2 and 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 150 grams (1 cup) Twix bars, chopped finely
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until pale and creamy. Sift in the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Sift in the flour and beat briefly until a soft cookie dough forms. Add Twix bars and stir.
- Place the dough onto a piece of baking or wax paper and spread out into a long circular roll. Cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge for at least one hour or store in the freezer.
- To bake the cookies from the fridge: Slice into 1/2 inch thick pieces and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake at 180 C (360 F) for 15 minutes or until golden. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To bake the cookies from the freezer: Thaw for 10 minutes, then cut the cookies into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake at 180 C (360 F) for 16-18 minutes or until golden. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 245
Keywords: Chocolate, Twix, Caramel, Cookies, Dessert