Prep: 75 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutes
Easy buttery Slice And Bake Cookies studded with Twix caramel bars.
- 230 grams (1 cup / 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125 grams (1 cup) powdered or icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 315 grams (2 and 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 150 grams (1 cup) Twix bars, chopped finely
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until pale and creamy. Sift in the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Sift in the flour and beat briefly until a soft cookie dough forms. Add Twix bars and stir.
- Place the dough onto a piece of baking or wax paper and spread out into a long circular roll. Cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge for at least one hour or store in the freezer.
- To bake the cookies from the fridge: Slice into 1/2 inch thick pieces and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced for 15 minutes or until golden. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To bake the cookies from the freezer: Thaw for 10 minutes, then cut the cookies into 1/2 inch thick slices and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake at 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced for 16-18 minutes or until golden. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories: 245
Category: CookiesCuisine: American