That’s right! Dreamy creamy Peanut Butter Cheesecake is on today’s menu. With a sweet Oreo cookie crust, a thick and fluffy peanut butter cheesecake filling, a drizzle of dark chocolate and a scattering of crunchy Reeses Pieces. Peanut butter lovers (like me) are going to be in heaven!
Best of all, this cheesecake recipe is completely no bake so there is no need to turn the oven on. I don’t know about you but I love a good no bake dessert – especially one this irresistible!
While the weather is cooling down somewhat over here in Australia, I’ve heard it is heating up in America! So for those who are on the hunt for a summery no bake dessert that is sure to please a crowd – this one’s for you!
Honestly, this Peanut Butter Cheesecake is divine. The peanut butter cuts through the sweetness of the cream cheese, the Oreo cookies add texture and the chocolate on top? Well that’s just an added bonus! You are welcome!
Today’s recipe is actually in honour of my friend Lynn from Fresh April Flours. While I have never met Lynn in person (one day) I can say that she is incredibly kind, generous and sweet and is an inspiration to me as a fellow food-loving blogger!
She makes awesome desserts (I have this Funfetti Biscotti on my to-make list) alongside healthy and hearty meals. And Lynn is expecting a little baby boy any day now so this is her virtual baby shower!
There are a few lovely bloggers teaming up today to celebrate Lynn. I’ve brought Peanut Butter Cheesecake, Cate’s bringing cookies, Amy’s got the cake covered and Leah’s made scones.
The funniest part is the girls and I were discussing this party a few weeks ago and I was told the theme was orange. I figured they meant orange the colour so I came up with the theme of Reeses Pieces. I later found out that all the girls opted for orange flavoured recipes – oops. Sorry ladies! #oddoneout
Enjoy the party –
Gluten-Free Orange Hazelnut Cupcakes with Nutella Ganache by Amy of Thoroughly Nourished Life
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies by Cate of Chez Catey Lou
Gluten-Free Orange Chocolate Chip Scones by Leah from Grain Changer
No Bake Reeses Pieces Peanut Butter Cheesecake with an Oreo crust, creamy peanut butter cheesecake, a drizzle of dark chocolate and crunchy Reeses Pieces.
- 200 grams (approximately 20) Oreo cookies
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 500 grams (2 and 1/4 cup) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 150 grams (1 cup) dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) Reeses Pieces
- Crush your Oreo cookies (cream and all) until they resemble fine crumbs using a food processor. Melt your butter in the microwave and then add it to your Oreos. Mix together until it forms a wet sand-like consistency and then pour it into a 9 inch loose-bottom cake tin and press down to form one even layer. Pop it in the fridge.
- Next, add your cream cheese to the bowl of your mixer and beat for a minute or two until soft and creamy. Add your vanilla and sugar and beat again. Add the peanut butter and beat until the mixture is creamy and combined.
- In a separate bowl, add your cream and beat until soft peaks form. Add your whipped cream to the peanut butter cheesecake mixture and gently fold it through. Grab your Oreo crust from the fridge and pour the cheesecake mixture over the top. Smooth the top, cover and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours.
- Gently run a butter knife around the edge of the cheesecake and remove the edge of the cake tin. Melt your chocolate in the microwave and pour it over the top of your cheesecake and scatter over the Reeses Pieces candy. Cut into slices and serve.
Use a hot knife to cut through the cheesecake once the chocolate is set.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 504
Keywords: Chocolate, Peanut butter, Oreo, Cheesecake, Reeses pieces