And just like that there was only 10 days until Christmas.
It appears this week is unofficially gingerbread week at Sweetest Menu. We’ve already eaten more then our fair share of Chocolate Chunk Molasses Cookies and now I have another sweet gingerbread treat for you. Smooth and creamy Spiced Gingerbread Fudge that is bursting with holiday flavours.
Made using condensed milk and white chocolate, this Easy Gingerbread Fudge is filled with aromatic spices including ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, along with a good dollop of molasses – just like your favourite gingerbread cookie!
Fudge to me spells holidays and I am all about easy baking at this time of the year. Thankfully, this Gingerbread Fudge is a cinch to throw together. The hardest part will be waiting for it to set – but it’ll be worth it!
It’s perfect if you want to satisfy your gingerbread cravings without having to roll out a ton of cookie dough – although there is something therapeutic about baking cookies. And it makes for the sweetest Christmas treat to give to family and friends. With all those strong gingerbread flavours, It is perfect for true gingerbread lovers!
I hope your having a great week. I feel like it’s that time of year when you think things are going to quieten down but instead they get busier. The pre-Christmas rush. My next week is going to be filled with Christmas lunches, Christmas parties, Christmas shopping and a whole load of work in-between. Bring on the holidays!
OH and if gingerbread isn’t your thing, you can try one of the other easy fudge recipes we have here on Sweetest Menu. There’s Dark Chocolate Almond Fudge, Rocky Road Fudge AND Cookie Dough Chocolate Fudge. Enjoy!
Easy Gingerbread Fudge
Made with white chocolate, this Easy Gingerbread Fudge is filled with aromatic spices and molasses – just like your favourite gingerbread cookie!
- Yield: Make one 8 inch pan
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) molasses
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 300 grams (2 cups) good quality white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Grease an 8 inch square baking tin and line with baking or parchment paper. Add the butter, condensed milk, molasses and brown sugar in a medium saucepan place on a low heat. Stir until combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn up the heat to medium and continue to stir until the mixture is simmering and starting to thicken.. Remove the caramel mixture from the heat and stir in the white chocolate, vanilla and spices. Return to the heat until all combined and smooth.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared tray. Smooth the top and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours to set or overnight. Gently remove from the tin and then cut fudge into small square. Store in the fridge.