This cake makes all my childhood dreams come to life! Chocolate, ice cream and candy all wrapped up in one delicious and colourful cake. Let me break it down for you. It starts with a chunky Oreo biscuit base that is made from chocolate cream filled Oreos.
Next is an easy no churn chocolate milkshake ice cream, flavoured using both real chocolate and a boatload of chocolate Nesquik. On top of THAT is a handful of chocolate rice cereal, known here as Cocoa Pops, for a little extra crunch, along with a scattering of mini M&M’s. Hello world!
This no bake cake would be perfect for a birthday party! It is easy to put together, it tastes incredible and it looks amazing. And no one has to know it only took around 15 minutes to create. To ensure the ice cream is set, it is best left in the freezer overnight, so it is a great dessert to make ahead of time. Perfect for entertaining!
You know you can have one thing sorted and out of the way. Or if you just happen to make it just because, you can let the leftovers just sit in the freezer for you to nibble on here and there for weeks to come.
I took one bite of this cake and was beside myself with excitement. It is MY kind of dessert. While there’s nothing quite like chocolate cake, an ice cream cake would totally be my birthday cake of choice. As long as there was candy involved of course. I love ice cream.
And when you have ice cream, candy, chocolate cereal and chocolate Oreos in one dessert, it ‘s downright delicious. I almost felt giddy at the supermarket because this cake had me buying all my favourite childhood treats – Oreos, Coco Pops, Nesquik and M&M’s.
You don’t need an ice cream machine to make this dessert. In fact, you don’t need any special equipment. A food processor to crush the Oreos helps but this can be done by hand with a strong arm if needed. You also don’t need any fancy cake decorating skills – hands up for those short on time!
I think if you are on the hunt for an easy birthday cake, especially one for the kids, you should give this Crunchy Chocolate Milkshake Ice Cream Cake a go. It’s crunchy, creamy and filled to overflowing with chocolate goodness. Enjoy!
Crunchy Chocolate Milkshake Ice Cream Cake
Crunchy Chocolate Milkshake Ice Cream Cake with an Oreo crust, an easy no churn chocolate milkshake ice cream, M&M candy and Cocoa Pops!
- Yield: Makes one 9 inch cake
- 280 grams (approximately 28) chocolate Oreo cookies
- 105 grams (3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter
- 480 ml (2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 240 ml (1 cup) condensed milk
- 56 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate Nesquik
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 25 grams (1/2 cup) Cocoa Pops or chocolate rice cereal
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) mini M&M’s
- Lightly grease a 9 inch spring form tin with a little butter. Put your Oreos (cream and all) into a food processor and whiz until they resemble fine crumbs. Melt your butter in the microwave and then pour over your Oreos and whiz again. The mixture should now resemble wet sand. Press your cookie crumbs into the base of your cake tin. Use the back of a spoon or your fingers to press down to create a smooth even layer. Pop into the freezer while you move onto the ice cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip your cream using an electric mixer (or do it with a hand whisk) until it forms stiff peaks. Next, add your condensed milk to a separate mixing bowl. Add your Nesquik powder and fold until combined. Then melt your chocolate in the microwave and add it to the condensed milk, again mixing until combined. Lastly, gently fold in your whipped cream.
- Pour your chocolate ice cream mixture on top of your Oreo biscuit base. Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6-8 hours or even better overnight (recommended). When you are ready to serve, scatter over your Cocoa Pops and mini M&M’s. Serve immediately.
Only add the Cocoa Pops or chocolate rice cereal when serving as they will go soggy.