I have another cereal milk treat for you today! When I was in the USA last month, I had the pleasure of meeting Lindsey from American Heritage Cooking. I have been a long-time reader and follower of her blog and I was tickled pink that we ended up being in the same place at the same time.
The time flew by as we chatted about all things food and blogging and food. I just love friends with common interests! So I am excited to be sharing the recipe for these Fruity Pebble Cereal Milk Baked Donuts over on Lindsey’s blog.
Lindsey is currently living the dream and studying at culinary school in New York. She posts her amazing daily creations on Instagram and I love following along this incredible journey with her. Another of her talents is cupcake making. Seriously her cupcakes are like nothing else.
Check out her Death by Chocolate Cupcakes or her Caramel Apple Cupcakes or her Toasted Pecan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting. Am I right or what? Totally craving a cupcake now.
So this week we have already had one cereal milk treat, my Fruit Loop Cereal Milk Layer Cake. But I had too much fun playing with my cereal so I decided to come up with another sweet cereal treat using a box of Fruity Pebbles that I stuffed into my suitcase (we don’t have that cereal in Australia).
These little vanilla cake donuts are baked in the oven before being dunked into a cereal milk sugar glaze made using Fruity Pebble infused milk and then topped with plenty of Fruity Pebble flakes. The are easy peasey to put together and taste delish!
Fruity Pebble Cereal Milk Baked Donuts
Gorgeous baked vanilla donuts with a Fruity Pebble cereal milk glaze.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups icing or powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Lightly grease your donut pan with a bit of butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined, then add the egg and beat for another minute or so.
- Add flour mixture and milk and gently stir until combined. Spoon out the mixture evenly into the donut pan. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Once the donuts are golden, remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, add the milk and 1/2 cup of Fruity Pebbles and gently stir. Set aside for 10 minutes. Strain the milk into a small bowl and discard the soggy flakes. In a separate bowl, add the extra cup of Fruity Pebble cereal.
- Sift the icing sugar in a large mixing bowl and add three tablespoons of the cereal-infused milk and stir until combined. Gently dip each donut into the glaze before dunking into the bowl of Fruity Pebble flakes. Continue until all the donuts are glazed and topped with Fruit Pebble flakes.
These donuts are best eaten straight away as the Fruity Pebble flakes will go a little soggy after a few hours so add the glaze and flakes right before serving,
Leave a Comment