Gorgeous baked vanilla donuts with a Fruity Pebble cereal milk glaze.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups icing or powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Lightly grease your donut pan with a bit of butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined, then add the egg and beat for another minute or so.
- Add flour mixture and milk and gently stir until combined. Spoon out the mixture evenly into the donut pan. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Once the donuts are golden, remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, add the milk and 1/2 cup of Fruity Pebbles and gently stir. Set aside for 10 minutes. Strain the milk into a small bowl and discard the soggy flakes. In a separate bowl, add the extra cup of Fruity Pebble cereal.
- Sift the icing sugar in a large mixing bowl and add three tablespoons of the cereal-infused milk and stir until combined. Gently dip each donut into the glaze before dunking into the bowl of Fruity Pebble flakes. Continue until all the donuts are glazed and topped with Fruit Pebble flakes.
These donuts are best eaten straight away as the Fruity Pebble flakes will go a little soggy after a few hours so add the glaze and flakes right before serving,