Brownie magic right here my friend. You are looking at chunky Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies!
Aren’t brownies THE best? I just love them! Back in the day, I used to make brownies from a box because I didn’t realise how easy they are to make from scratch! If you haven’t tried them sans box, you really must give them a go.
These brownies are a little bit special because they have a neat cheesecake twist. After you make the silky smooth chocolate brownie batter, you also create a small amount of cookies and cream cheesecake (with OREOS) and swirl it on top for the ultimate brownie treat!
When you take your brownie out of the oven, it will have a lovely crinkled top – the sign of good brownie in my books. The brownie batter and the cheesecake mixture will have combined together so your guests will hardly be able to tell there is a cheesecake surprise waiting inside!
With that all-important fudgy centre and a gooey cheesecake top, these brownies will knock your socks off. They are the perfect way to use that sleeve of Oreos sitting in your pantry #doitdoit
If you love brownies that are almost gooey in the centre but with crisp edges – then these chunky Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies are for you. The cheesecake surprise is subtle but adds a little extra sweetness and the combination of brownie and cheesecake go-oh-so well together!
I still have a bunch of these brownies hanging out in my freezer – but not for long! I love to zap them in the microwave for 20 seconds and then devour them warm with a dollop of cream – hello brownie heaven!
Well the weekend is on its way and for that I am grateful! I am slowing getting to know my way around my new city. I’ve become quite the old hand at catching the bus – there’s a bus stop right outside my apartment, which opens the door to many exciting places. I can also walk to the water and to a giant shopping centre, which is an added bonus.
We are planning a Mexican dinner party this weekend. My husband makes the best chipotle tacos – my mouth is watering already. And I’m working on an extra special layer cake – coming soon to SM. Have a great weekend! x
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies! Cookies and cream cheesecake (with OREOS) is swirled onto chocolate brownie batter for the ultimate sweet treat.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, pieces
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
Cookies and cream cheesecake
- 200 grams (1 cup) cream cheese, room temperature
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 6 (1/2 cup) Oreos, crushed
- Grease and line a square 8 inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang. Pop the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a medium saucepan that is filled with a bit of water, say 5cm (2 inches) high or so. You need to ensure the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Place on the stove on medium heat and stir while the chocolate and butter melt. Once the mixture is lovely and smooth, remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Next, add the sugars and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and beat with an electric beater until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat again. Then sift in the flour and beat until the brownie mixture is smooth. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin.
- To make the cheesecake mixture, beat the cream cheese until soft and smooth. Add the sugar and beat until combined. Then add the egg and beat, scrapping down the sides, until the mixture is smooth. Add in the crushed Oreos and stir through. Dollop the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie, then use a butter knife to swirl the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake the brownie for about 40 minutes or until cooked through. A skewer inserted in the middle should come out clean. Leave to cool completely.