Chocolate + cream cheese + Oreos = THIS.
Did you know you are just FOUR ingredients away from (points up)?! A dreamy Oreo Truffle Chocolate Bar that is sure to cure every chocolate craving you’ve ever had. First of all, there is SO much chocolate.
And inside that thick coating of chocolate are sweet, buttery Oreo cookies that have been crushed and mixed with tangy cream cheese. Add more Oreo cookies and plenty of chocolate chips on top and you have the ultimate Oreo Truffle Chocolate Bar.
You (my lovely readers) often tell me how much you love easy recipes. Which is fantastic because I LOVE easy desserts. And trust me, it does not get ANY easier than this four ingredient treat.
ALL you have to do is crush Oreo cookies in a food processor, add a chunk of softened cream cheese and then whiz together. Pour a little melted chocolate into a pan. Add your Oreo truffle mix on top and then add MORE chocolate. Decorate the top and THAT’S IT. The hardest part will be waiting for the chocolate to set. But you can munch on leftover Oreos while you wait 😉
I need to warn you that this recipe is dangerous. First of all, it’s almost too easy. Second, it’s impossible to stop at one piece (or three). It’s definitely a treat that needs to be shared. All the Oreo lovers in your life will thank you.
And you can also use whatever chocolate you like. The chocolate bar pictured was made from a mix of dark (semi-sweet) chocolate and milk chocolate. The white chocolate lovers out there could also try it with white chocolate for a little ‘cookies and cream’ action.
Well the holidays are officially over and it’s back to work for me today. Yesterday we were able to make the most of the beautiful weather and spend the day at the beach – the best. The waves were a bit rough, so I was forever getting thrown about but it makes for some good laughs.
Oreo Truffle Chocolate Bar
Sweet, buttery Oreo cookies are mixed with tangy cream cheese and covered in chocolate to create the amazing 4 ingredient Oreo Truffle Chocolate Bar!
- Yield: Makes one 8 inch bar
- 350 grams (approximately 35) Oreo cookies
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 450 grams (3 cups) good quality milk, dark or white chocolate
- A handful of chocolate chips, for decorating
- Line an 8 inch square tin with baking or parchment paper. Set aside 100 grams (about 10 Oreo cookies) for decorating the top of your chocolate bar. Using a food processor, finely crush the remaining Oreo cookies (250 grams / 25 Oreo cookies). Add your cream cheese and whiz again. Pop the Oreo mixture into the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- When you’re ready to assemble your chocolate bar, melt your chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until just melted. Pour a small amount of chocolate into your prepared tin, spread it out using a small spatula, until the bottom is just covered. Then, grab a small handful of the Oreo truffle mix, flatten it out with your hands, until it’s about 1/2 an inch thick, and gently pop it on top of the melted chocolate. Continue with the rest of the Oreo truffle mix, until there are almost no gaps – but it’s ok if there are some!
- Pour over the remaining chocolate until the entire bar is covered. Add the extra Oreo cookies on top, then sprinkle over a few chocolate chips. Pop into the fridge for a few hours to set before cutting into slices.