Breakfast is served.
Or morning tea. Or even a midnight snack perhaps? All depending on how you roll. I grew up in a house where breakfast was served at any time of the day. A bowl of cereal in the evening? Perfect. Toast in the afternoon? I’m there. So this Raspberry Skillet Pancake is an ANYTIME treat for me.
If you love pancakes but cannot stand the constant flipping and stacking (raise your hand), then this is the recipe for you. One thick, golden, cake-like pancake studded with fresh raspberries and PLENTY of maple syrup. You don’t even need plates, just dig right in!
Breakfast is one of my favourite meals of the day. That and dinner. Lunch I could live without. Not literally because I’d be starving, but it’s neither here nor there for me. I can never decide what to eat for lunch. But breakfast? I’ll take it ALL. Cereal, eggs, fritters, fruit, granola, muffins, yogurt, crumpets, waffles, pancakes, toast – it’s all amazing.
So it’s about time we got MORE breakfast recipes here on Sweetest Menu. And this Raspberry Skillet Pancake ticks all the boxes. It’s easy, it’s tasty and it’s ready in minutes. All you need is a bowl and a spoon and you are good to go my friend.
Fresh raspberries pair perfectly with the buttery cake, plus they are my favourite berry. But you can use whatever you like. I’ve also made this pancake with blueberries. OR you could even add chocolate chips. #justsayin
I will say though, if you like thin and crispy pancakes (hi dad), this is not the pancake for you. This pancake is thick, fluffy and cake-like. In fact it probably is a cake (pan-cake, right?) but it’s light and sweet and the perfect way to start the day.
How’s your week going? I’m back into the daily grind and very much looking forward to the weekend. Tonight, we’re heading out for a bite to eat at a French restaurant – I can’t wait. I just love French food and it’s not something we cook often for ourselves.
Hoping to get in some more beach time this weekend. The weather has been crazy hot this week – yesterday was 38 degrees (100 F). So thankful to be working in air-conditioning! Bring on the weekend!
Easy Raspberry Skillet Pancake
One thick, golden, cake-like pancake studded with fresh raspberries and PLENTY of maple syrup.
- Yield: Makes one 8 inch pancake
- 105 grams (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 55 grams (1/2 cup) fresh raspberries, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 160 C (320 F). Prepare your 8 inch skillet by rubbing the sides and bottom with a little butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your flour, sugar, and baking powder and whisk together. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla, milk and melted butter. Add the wet mixture to your dry mixture and gently fold together until combined. Gently stir through your fresh raspberries.
- Pour your pancake batter into your skillet. Add a few extra berries on top. Place in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Serve with extra raspberries and plenty of maple syrup.