A deliciously rich and creamy Nutella Oreo Cheesecake. This gorgeous no bake cheesecake boasts a crunchy Oreo crust and a creamy Nutella cheesecake filling, all topped with roasted hazelnuts.
Nutella + cheesecake + Oreos = THIS.
If you love cheesecake and need nothing but a jar of Nutella and a spoon to make you happy, you are going to be ALL over this Nutella Oreo Cheesecake.
Completely no bake with a crumbly Oreo crust and a scattering of toasted hazelnuts, this cake is my new favourite thing.
I first made this recipe back in 2015, but three years later, it is still one of my number one go-to desserts. Why?
Because not only is it super easy to make – you don’t even need to turn the oven on and it can easily be made ahead of time – but it’s perfect for when you’re entertaining a crowd. And it always goes down a treat.
Not only is it convenient, but it’s seriously delicious. Like face-plant-worthy. Plus there’s Nutella. And Oreos. And hazelnuts – need I say more?
I have a serious obsession with all things hazelnut. When we were travelling around Europe last month, I ate my fill of gelato – especially in Italy. But I could never go past anything chocolate hazelnut flavoured. I’m now officially obsessed with that combination.
So when you have crunchy Oreo cookies and you pair them with luscious Nutella cheesecake, made with cream cheese and whipped cream, and top it with roasted hazelnuts, you have some kind of cheesecake nirvana.
Your fork will slide right through this buttery cheesecake, leaving you with an almost mousse-like texture, offset by the crunch of both the Oreo cookies and the toasted nuts. My advice? Be ready for seconds.
Tips for making the perfect no bake cheesecake
- This Nutella Oreo Cheesecake has a crust made from Oreo cookies. You need to use the whole cookie – cream and all. Use a food processor to grind them up finely. Add the butter to form a wet sand-like texture.
- This no bake cheesecake has NO gelatine. I don’t like using it in my cheesecakes (I can always taste it) so I use whipped cream for stability. As you beat the cheesecake mixture, you will be whipping the cream which helps the cheesecake to hold its shape.
- In saying that, you need to give this cheesecake plenty of time to set in the fridge. I recommend making it the night before serving, so it has 8-12 hours to set in the fridge. Keep it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- When you are toasting the hazelnuts, keep an eye on them, as they can burn quickly. Leave them to cool completely before scattering over the cheesecake.
A creamy Nutella cheesecake with a crunchy Oreo cookie crust.
- 400 grams (approximately 40) Oreo cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 500 grams (18 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 grams (1 cup) Nutella
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 60 grams (3/4 cup) hazelnuts, skinless
- Grease a 9 inch round springform tin with butter and line the bottom with parchment or baking paper. Add Oreos (cream and all) to a food processor and whiz until they form fine crumbs. Add melted butter and whiz again.
- Give the mixture a good stir with a spatula and then dump into your prepared tin. Carefully press the cookie crumbs into the bottom and sides of your pan as evenly as you can. Use the back of a dessert spoon to get a nice smooth finish. Pop into the fridge.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add Nutella and cream and beat with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes until mixture combines and thickens slightly.
- Pour mixture over the cookie crust and gently smooth the top. Pop back into the fridge for at least 6 hours, or even better, overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, carefully toast your hazelnuts by adding them to a shallow frying pan over a medium heat. Watch them carefully for 5-7 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to help them brown evenly. Be careful not to burn.
- Once the nuts are golden, remove from the heat and place in a mortar and pestle. Gently crush the nuts. Once the nuts are completely cooled, sprinkle over cheesecake.
Keywords: Nutella Cheesecake, No bake cheesecake,
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in January 2015.