A creamy Nutella cheesecake with a crunchy Oreo cookie crust.
- 400 grams (approximately 40) Oreo cookies
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 500 grams (18 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 grams (1 cup) Nutella
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 60 grams (3/4 cup) hazelnuts, skinless
- Grease a 9 inch round springform tin with butter and line the bottom with parchment or baking paper. Add Oreos (cream and all) to a food processor and whiz until they form fine crumbs. Add melted butter and whiz again.
- Give the mixture a good stir with a spatula and then dump into your prepared tin. Carefully press the cookie crumbs into the bottom and sides of your pan as evenly as you can. Use the back of a dessert spoon to get a nice smooth finish. Pop into the fridge.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add Nutella and cream and beat with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes until mixture combines and thickens slightly.
- Pour mixture over the cookie crust and gently smooth the top. Pop back into the fridge for at least 6 hours, or even better, overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, carefully toast your hazelnuts by adding them to a shallow frying pan over a medium heat. Watch them carefully for 5-7 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to help them brown evenly. Be careful not to burn.
- Once the nuts are golden, remove from the heat and place in a mortar and pestle. Gently crush the nuts. Once the nuts are completely cooled, sprinkle over cheesecake.
Keywords: Nutella Cheesecake, No bake cheesecake,