Oh hey fellow peanut butter lovers, I have a special treat for you. But before we get to that, do you like what I’ve done to the place? We’ve gone through a bit of a makeover round here, got some new furniture, cleaned out a few cupboards and voila – a new website!
I’m really happy with the result, although I am even happier that it’s done so I can get back into the kitchen and stop learning about 301 redirects and how to transfer a domain name – ick! So back to the food, let’s talk Giant Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies.
Peanut butter cookies are wonderful, but cookies that ooze peanut butter are magical. These cookies begin with a creamy vanilla cookie dough, then before they are rolled, they are lovingly stuffed with about half a teaspoon of sticky peanut butter.
Once baked, they are then topped with peanut butter chips. If you don’t have any peanut butter chips, opt for chocolate chips, because we all know peanut butter + chocolate = heaven! Also to make them easier to stuff, I made them almost double the size of a normal cookie. Plus big cookies taste better, right?
These cookies are pretty easy and they will definitely satisfy those peanut butter cravings – I promise! Just make sure you chill the dough so they don’t go too flat. Also pop the peanut butter into the freezer before stuffing the cookies so it’s a little sticky and tacky.
It won’t really freeze during that time but it won’t be as runny which will make it a little easier to handle! So that’s enough talk, let’s make some cookies! Oh, by the way, if you see anything funky around here, website-wise, please let me know. I’m stilling ironing out a few crinkles but I think all in all, things should be in order.
Giant Peanut Butter Cookies stuffed with creamy peanut butter. .
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- Peanut butter chips or chocolate chips, for decorating
- Line two oven trays with baking paper and set aside. Spoon the peanut butter into a shallow plastic container and pop into the freezer. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugars and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined. Sift in the flour, baking soda and cornflour and gently stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until a soft dough forms. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and pop into the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (360 F). Grab the peanut butter from the freezer and the cookie dough out of the fridge. Using your hands, grab a teaspoon or so of cookie dough and pop about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on top, and then sandwich another piece of cookie dough on top. Roll the dough into a large ball, trying to keep all the peanut butter hidden.
- Continue with remaining cookie dough and peanut butter until you have rolled about 10 to 12 large cookies. Line the cookies on your prepared trays ensuring you leave plenty of room for the cookie to spread out. Bake in the oven for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Very gently, press a few peanut butter or chocolate chips on top of each cookie while they are still warm.