One Deep Dish Peanut Butter Cookie coming right up!
If you love peanut butter and chocolate and live for a warm cookie straight out of the oven, you will LOVE this gorgeous Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie.
Made with oodles of peanut butter and dark chocolate chunks, it’s a big, buttery slice of heaven.
Today marks the christening of my very first skillet pan! I was given this beautiful cast iron skillet for my birthday a few months ago and I have been pondering what my first cooked treat should be.
I decided there is no better way to kick things off than with a giant, golden, chocolate-laden, peanut butter cookie. Boy, did I make the right decision. This Dark Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie is out-of-this-world!
A thick golden brown cookie overloaded with big gooey chunks of dark chocolate. Does it get any better? The peanut butter dough makes every bite extra creamy.
I can tell you now, this is one lip-smacking cookie! Cooking the whole cookie together is super easy and quick and it means it stays soft and gooey in the middle – perfect for true cookie lovers. This is one mega cookie!
My only advice? Pop a scoop of ice cream on top, pass around spoons and let everyone dig right in while it’s still warm #heaven
Dark Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
Thick peanut butter cookie filled with dark chocolate.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 150 grams (1 cup) dark chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy and combined. Beat in the egg and add the vanilla.
- Stir in the peanut butter. Sift in the flour, baking soda and cornflour and gently mix together with a wooden spoon until it forms a dough. Stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Lightly grease a 7 inch cast iron skillet. Place the dough into the skillet and spread it out evenly. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Keep in mind the cookie will continue to cook outside of the oven because of the heat in the pan.
- Leave for 10 minutes to firm up slightly and then serve warm with ice cream.
Serving suggestion: Add a scoop of ice cream and let everyone dig in straight from the pan while the cookie is warm and gooey in the middle.
Leave a Comment