A gorgeous no bake Creme Egg Cheesecake perfect for Easter. This delicious chocolate cheesecake is so easy to make and has Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs inside and on top!
Calling all creme egg fans!
I’ve got a mighty fine treat for you today in the delicious form of Creme Egg Cheesecake. That’s right, I’m talking a completely no bake chocolate cheesecake with an Oreo crust and oodles of Cadbury Creme Eggs hiding INSIDE the cheesecake and on top.
It’s one AMAZING Easter treat!
You all know how much I love a good cheesecake, and no bake cheesecakes are one of my most favourite things to bake. They’re perfect for entertaining because you can make them ahead of time and they taste amazing straight from the fridge.
And when I discovered you could make a fantastic cheesecake without NO gelatine? I was smitten! In my experience, gelatine can make cheesecakes have a jelly-like texture and let’s be honest – it can be a bit annoying and intimidating to work with.
So this gorgeous Creme Egg Cheesecake starts with an Oreo cookie crust. We use whole Oreo cookies, crush them and mix them with butter.
Next up, is that sensational chocolate filling. We mix together a little cream cheese, sugar and vanilla before adding real melted chocolate. It gives the cheesecake REAL chocolate flavour.
Next, we fold in whipped cream so the mixture turns light and luscious, before mixing through a boatload of chopped Creme Egg Easter eggs. Hello chocolate goodness!
Once the cheesecake has time to set in the fridge, we then decorate with a few more Creme Eggs to serve. Your family and friends will love this cheesecake!
WHY DOES THIS CREME EGG CHEESECAKE HAVE NO GELATINE?
I don’t love baking with gelatine as it makes things slightly more complicated. Sometimes it can change the texture and even taste of a dessert if used incorrectly. In my no bake cheesecake recipes, I use whipped cream for stability.
This allows the cheesecake to stay soft and fluffy – while still holding its shape enough to be cut into slices. It keeps things simple and easy and makes for a better cheesecake – in my opinion!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
- Always use a springform tin so you can easily remove your cheesecake. Simply run a butter knife around the edge and then gently remove the cake rim when you’re ready to serve. I also line the bottom of my springform tin with baking or parchment paper so I can easily lift it up and place it on a cake plate.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so you can beat it well and get rid of any lumps.
- Don’t use a cream cheese substitute or low fat version, go full fat cream cheese in block form, not a cream cheese spread.
- Let your cheesecake set in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or overnight. This recipe doesn’t have any gelatine but if you beat the mixture well, the whipped cream will easily allow the cheesecake to hold it’s shape.
Delicious Creme Egg Chocolate Cheesecake with an Oreo crust.
- 200 grams (approximately 20) Oreo cookies
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) butter
- 500 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) mini Cadbury Creme Eggs, roughly chopped
- A handful of large and mini Cadbury Creme Eggs, to decorate
- Lightly grease a 9 inch springform baking tin with a little butter. Line the bottom with parchment or baking paper – to make it easy to remove the cheesecake later.
- Add Oreo cookies (cream and all) to a food processor and blend until they resemble fine crumbs. Melt butter in the microwave and pour over your crushed Oreos and whiz again the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour Oreo mixture into your prepared tin and press down gently to form an even layer. Pop in the fridge.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, add cream and beat with an electric beater until stiff peaks form and your cream is whipped. (A good way to check is if you can hold your bowl of cream upside down without anything moving!)
- Finally, melt your dark chocolate in the microwave until it is just melted – give it a good stir.
- Add your chocolate to your cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Then gently fold through the whipped cream and chopped Creme Eggs.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over Oreo crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or, even better, overnight.
- To serve, decorate with more Creme Eggs and slice.