You guys are going to LOVE these Oreo Brownies!
They are super fudgy and chewy, like any good brownie should be, and there are WHOLE Oreos stuffed inside! But I couldn’t stop there – I also added big dollops of creamy peanut butter.
Thick and chunky, these are most definitely my new favourite brownie.
I love brownies, in all shapes and sizes. Like THESE. And THESE. But these Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies have it all. They are gooey and fudgy in all the right places, packed with flavour and peanut butter goodness.
Plus there are Oreos literally bursting out of the batter. And baked Oreos taste even better than regular ones! If you love chocolate and peanut butter and Oreos, then these brownies will be your new best friend.
I’ve been toying with the idea for a good new brownie recipe for a while. I knew I wanted Oreos involved but what else? Then I remembered what a delicious pair Oreos and peanut butter make – and the rest, as they say, is history.
I actually used the recipe for my One Bowl Cocoa Brownies as the base for this recipe. I felt brownies that call for real chocolate in the batter, might be a little too overwhelming with both Oreos and peanut butter. And boy did I make the right decision! This brownie batter is just PERFECT for mix-ins.
So half the brownie batter goes into the pan. Then you just layer on your Oreo cookies, cream and all. Then the rest of the brownie batter goes on top. Finally you dollop peanut butter all over the top and swirl it gently with a butter knife.
Because this cocoa brownie batter isn’t as thick as chocolate brownie batter, the peanut butter sinks a little when it bakes. This is JUST what you want because you get little fudgy peanut butter pockets throughout the entire brownie! #heaven
Cut these beautiful brownies into squares and enjoy with a cold glass of milk. Trust me, after you’ve had these, no other brownie will look the same. I like to put these brownies in the fridge so they get extra fudgy and cold. Of course, you could also microwave them for a quick burst and enjoy them warm.
Either way, if you’re after a sweet chocolate treat, these Chunky Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies are JUST what you need. They come together in a flash and they’re the perfect dessert to share with family and friends.
Chunky chocolate peanut butter brownies with whole Oreo baked inside.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter and sugars and gently whisk together. Add vanilla and stir.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring in-between, then sift in the cocoa powder and flour. Stir until just combined. Pour half of the brownie batter in your prepared tin, then gently place Oreo cookies on top. Add the remaining brownie batter. Gently dollop peanut butter all over the top, then use a butter knife to gently swirl the peanut butter.
- Bake brownie for approximately 35 minutes or until they no longer wobble in the middle. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
The baking time will affect the texture of the brownies. Try not too over bake them to ensure they are still gooey in the centre.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 318
Keywords: Chocolate, Oreo, Peanut butter, Brownies, Dessert