Prep: 30 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutes
Chunky chocolate peanut butter brownies with whole Oreo baked inside.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter and sugars and gently whisk together. Add vanilla and stir.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring in-between, then sift in the cocoa powder and flour. Stir until just combined. Pour half of the brownie batter in your prepared tin, then gently place Oreo cookies on top. Add the remaining brownie batter. Gently dollop peanut butter all over the top, then use a butter knife to gently swirl the peanut butter.
- Bake brownie for approximately 35 minutes or until they no longer wobble in the middle. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
The baking time will affect the texture of the brownies. Try not too over bake them to ensure they are still gooey in the centre.
Serving Size: 1 brownie Calories: 318
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American