I’ve been looking forward to posting this recipe ALL week. I LOVED this chocolate bar. Inspired by the famous Nestle Crunch bar, it starts with smooth dark chocolate that is mixed with crunchy Rice Krispies or Rice Bubbles (depending where you live), and then topped with a plethora of candy!
I covered mine with delicious M&M’s, Maltesers (Whoppers) and Kit Kats but you could do whatever candy you like. Twix? Snickers? Honestly, it is so simple but it tastes fantastic – crispy, crunchy and oh so delicious! We ATE IT ALL!
Is it just me or are post holiday blues the worst? Even though we only went away for a few days, going back to work always gives me a good case of the blues. But then there’s THIS! And candy just makes everything better in my world.
I don’t know why but Rice Krispies in chocolate is just the best. Then when you top THAT with all your favourite candy, it becomes the answer to all your chocolate-covered dreams. You could even top it with Easter eggs for a sweet Easter themed treat.
I actually have a confession. I’ve never been able to master the perfect Rice Krispie treat. I feel silly saying it because it’s essentially just marshmallows and Rice Krispies but I find mine are never as good as the real thing.
They are either too soggy or they don’t stick together properly – please tell me I’m not the only one with Rice Krispie woes? Why is it that sometimes the most simple treats can be so tricky? While others are mastering croissants, I’m stuck trying to make a half decent Rice Krispie treat!
But at least now I have a fabulous recipe to use my leftover Rice Krispies in that turns out perfect every time! AND it tastes even better than a Rice Krispie treat – am I allowed to say that? So while I keep working on the perfect Rice Krispie treat, you can make this Candy Crunch Chocolate Bar! Deal? No bake, only five ingredients (and really only two essential ones) and four of them are CHOCOLATE! Have a great weekend friends x
Smooth dark chocolate mixed with crunchy Rice Krispies or Rice Bubbles and then topped with M&M’s, Maltesers and Kit Kats!
- 450 grams (3 cups) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 40 grams (1 cup) Rice Krispies or Rice Bubbles
- 55 grams (1/4 cup) M&M’s candy
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) Maltesers, Whoopers or malt balls
- 40 grams (1/3 cup) Kit Kat, chopped
- Grease and line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chocolate and microwave for 20 seconds bursts, stirring in between, until just melted. Add your rice cereal and quickly stir until all the cereal is coated in chocolate. Transfer mixture into your prepared pan.
- Scatter the M&M’s, malt balls and Kit Kat pieces over the top. Press them in slightly. Refrigerate the slice for at least one hour or until the chocolate is set. Cut into squares and enjoy. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.