If you’re looking for a sweet treat for one, try our soft and fluffy Vanilla Chocolate Chip Mug Cake. Made in the microwave, it comes together in minutes and will satisfy all your cake cravings.
A cake for one ready in just 90 seconds. #bestideaever
Introducing the Vanilla Chocolate Chip Mug Cake. A buttery vanilla cake dotted with chocolate chips that can be thrown together in minutes and is ready to eat in seconds! All you need is a bowl, a spoon and a microwave. #yesplease
I love my easy desserts but honestly, it does NOT get easier than this. You probably have ALL the ingredients for one of these in your pantry RIGHT NOW. This Vanilla Chocolate Chip Mug Cake is ready to go morning, noon or night!
I know I’m a bit late to the mug cake party but you guys LOVED the Nutella Chocolate Mug Cake recipe I shared a few weeks ago. So I thought I’d get back into the kitchen to create a vanilla version. It was a little tricky as my first few efforts tasted like dry sponge in a mug (no thank you), but I got there eventually.
And every since then, I’ve been ALL about that Vanilla Chocolate Chip Mug Cake. After all, the concept is sheer brilliance. There’s no need to wait for hours for it to bake and cool. It is literally ready for you in just 90 seconds. Like ‘grab a spoon and dive right in’ kind of ready.
I will admit, it IS a little dangerous knowing you can make a cake that quickly. But that’s why it’s a GOOD thing it only serves one. And there’s no frosting so that’s a bonus right? Although I won’t lie, a scoop of vanilla ice cream goes so well… perhaps a dollop of chocolate sauce… some sprinkles… oh dear.
However you enjoy this Vanilla Chocolate Chip Mug Cake, I’m sure you’ll agree that it’s a cinch to throw together. Great for those nights when you have no treats left in the house except a few pantry staples.
Between my mug cake recipes and my three different giant single serving cookies, I’ve been eating my way through the single serve treats. And loving it, I might add. Cake in seconds? Yes. Cookies as big as your face in minutes? I’m there.
Apart from eating cake, I’ve also been experimenting in the kitchen with new ingredients this week (coconut flour for example). One thing I love about cooking and baking, is the possibilities are always endless! I just love trying new things. So if you’ve never tried a mug cake before, perhaps it’s time you treated yourself!
A deliciously easy Vanilla Chocolate Chip Mug Cake that only takes a few minutes to make!
- 40 grams (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) plain flour or all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons full fat or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- In a small bowl, add plain flour, sugars, baking powder and chocolate chips. Give it a stir.
- In a separate bowl, add butter, milk, vanilla and egg yolk and whisk gently. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour cake batter into a mug, then microwave for approximately 80 seconds (900W microwave). Leave to cool for a minute or two. Add a few extra chocolate chips on top and then dive right in.