A deliciously easy Vanilla Chocolate Chip Mug Cake that only takes a few minutes to make!
- 40 grams (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- In a small bowl, sift the plain flour, then add the sugars, baking powder and chocolate chips. Give it a stir. In a separate bowl, add the butter and microwave until just melted. Add the milk, vanilla and egg yolk to the melted butter and whisk gently. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour cake batter in a mug, then microwave your cake for approximately 80 seconds (900W microwave). Leave to cool for a minute or two. Add a few extra chocolate chips on top and then dive right in.
Keywords: Cake, Mug cake, Vanilla, Chocolate chip, Dessert