Calling all sweet and salty fans!
I have a recipe for you that will delight the senses and cost hardly a dime with only four ingredients.
This Sweet and Salty Popcorn is one of my all time favourite snacks. It’s so simple to make and will really satisfy those sweet and salty cravings.
Making popcorn at home is so easy and so cheap! I can’t believe what they charge for pre-packaged, already popped popcorn when you can make bucket loads of it at home and barely delve into your spare change.
This recipe simply uses the stove method to pop the corn, with the addition of caster sugar. Once the popcorn is popped, a generous sprinkling of salt completes this tasty snack. Try it!
Homemade sweet and salty popcorn.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- Sea salt
- Drizzle of chocolate, optional
- Add oil to large saucepan and heat on medium high. Drop in a kernel or two and see if it spins. Once it spins, the oil is ready to go. Pour in half a cup of popping corn and 3 heaps tablespoons of caster sugar, give it a quick stir and put on the lid. Occasionally give the saucepan a good shake and let the corn pop away.
- When the popping starts to subside, remove from heat and leave it for a few seconds for the last few to pop. Its better to remove it from the heat early, otherwise it may burn. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 205
Keywords: Popcorn, Sweet, Salty