Oreos, peanut butter, salted caramel, roasted peanuts, chocolate chips and Snickers bars. Yup, that’s right! ALL of the good stuff in one over-the-top Snickers Peanut Butter Oreo Pie. This pie is so easy (high five for no bake recipes) and is so tasty that you will be begging for seconds. I loved this pie.
The Oreo crust is rich in chocolate flavour while the peanut butter cheesecake filling is gorgeously smooth and not too sweet. Then its time to go all out as you coat the pie in golden salted caramel sauce and an assortment of toppings, from Snickers bars to salted peanuts. It’s a PARTY alright!
Did you have a great weekend? I had a really big week at work last week so I was SO ready for the weekend. I did plenty of baking and photographed a couple of recipes that I can’t wait to share with you, plus I had the chance to catch up with family and friends.
We also had our last trip to Costco before our membership expires – gosh I love that place. Mainly because it takes me right back to America #missingUSA. We managed to snag a giant 1 kg jar of mini American pretzels and a giant Skippy peanut butter – worth it! Just need to find a cupboard big enough to fit the pretzels in now.
I am sharing this pie over at Beyond Frosting today. Julianne was kind enough to let me hang out on her gorgeous corner of the web – while you’re over there, check out a few of her mouthwatering desserts. Last weekend, I served this pie to our dinner guests and it went down a treat. Aren’t no bake recipes just the best for entertaining?
Not only can you make them in advance but they are ready to be served whenever you are. What a breeze! This pie will definitely be on the agenda again soon – my peanut butter loving husband insisted. Are there any other pb lovers out there? This one is for you!
Snickers Peanut Butter Oreo Pie with caramel sauce, chocolate chips, Snickers bars and roasted peanuts.
- 350 grams (approximately 35) Oreo biscuits
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 250 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) cream cheese, softened
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster or granulated sugar
- 250 grams (1 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) Snickers bars
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) salted caramel sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 35 grams (1/4 cup) roasted peanuts
- A handful of milk chocolate chips
- Crush your Oreos (filling and all) until they resemble fine crumbs using a food processor or if you don’t have one, use a plastic zip lock bag and a rolling pin.
- Melt your butter in the microwave, stirring in-between 10 second bursts and then pour over your Oreos. Stir until all the biscuit crumbs are nice and wet and then pour them into your prepared tin. Use the back of a spoon to gently push the crumbs in your pie tin so they cover the bottom and go up the sides. Pop into the fridge.
- To make the filling, first whip your cream until firm peaks form. Set aside for a moment. Place your cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat for a minute or two until nice and creamy. Add your peanut butter and powdered sugar and beat until until completely mixed through. The mixture should thick and creamy.
- Gently fold through your whipped cream. Pour the peanut butter mixture over your Oreo base and pop in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or even overnight.
- To decorate, pour over half of your salted caramel sauce. Scatter your chopped Snickers over the top of the pie, then add the roasted peanuts and chocolate chips and finally top with the rest of your caramel sauce. Pop the pie into the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Keywords: Snickers, Peanut butter, Pie, Oreos