Sweet strawberry cheesecake in ice cream form.
I love ice cream. And one good thing about living in a warm climate is that an ice cold ice cream is ALWAYS a good idea. This No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is super easy and an awesome way to use up all the gorgeous strawberries that are out and about this season.
In addition to fresh strawberries, this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream also features biscuit crumbs, reminiscent of the cheesecake crust that we all know and love, as well as chunks of cream cheese.
One of the best parts of Strawberry Cheesecake is that all important tartness from the fresh strawberries – allowing it to be sweet but not too sweet. Irresistible but not my-teeth-hurt-because-of-all-the-sugar. And that’s what I love about this ice cream.
It is absolutely sweet and creamy, thanks to the condensed milk and whipped cream, but adding in fresh strawberries, tangy cream cheese and plain biscuits means you get a sweet and slightly tart flavour. JUST like cheesecake.
Wanna know a secret? This right here is one of the very first recipes to ever be published on Sweetest Menu, over two years ago. I’ve given it a face lift (hello cream cheese nuggets) and redid the photos after having quite the giggle at my old ones and voila – my new favourite ice cream!
I hope you had a great weekend! It is blue skies here as spring has officially sprung. I went to a Chocolate Festival down on the harbour yesterday which was awesome! People were milling everywhere, enjoying the beautiful sunshine and the gorgeous sweet treats on offer.
I had an epic Zumbo dessert – A Milo & malt cake, complete with milo ganache, milo marshmallow, vanilla ice cream with milo powder ALL layered inside a chocolate cup.
This easy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is packed with fresh strawberries, biscuit crumbs and chunks of cream cheese – JUST like a real cheesecake.
- 500 grams (3 cups) fresh strawberries
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) cream cheese
- 90 grams (1 cup) Digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 480 ml (2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 240 ml (1 cup) condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Remove the tops and then finely chop your strawberries. Place them in a medium saucepan and add the sugar. Pop on the stove on a low heat and stir with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes or until the strawberries are nice and juicy.
- Set the strawberries aside to cool slightly. Then, chop the cream cheese into small pieces and crumble the biscuits/cookie into bite-sized pieces. Next, add your cream to a large bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Then in a large mixing bowl, add the condensed milk and vanilla. Strain the strawberries and set aside the juice. Add the strawberries to the condensed milk mixture, followed by the cream cheese and cookie crumbs.
- Finally, gently fold in the whipped cream. Then add in 2 tablespoons of the reserved strawberry juice. Spoon the ice cream mixture into a airtight container and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or even better, overnight.
Keywords: Ice cream, Cheesecake, Strawberries, Dessert, Cream cheese, No bake