Cherry Cashew Chocolate Bark aka gourmet chocolate made with just four ingredients.
Welcome to Thursday. Today, I’m sharing one of my favourite chocolate treats to make and eat. Chocolate bark! This, friends, is a chocolate lover’s dream.
Roasted salted cashew nuts and freeze-dried cherries are scattered over a bed of melted dark chocolate with white chocolate swirls. This chocolate bark is SO good I had to get it out the house STAT because I just kept reaching for one…more..piece.
Chocolate bark is a non-baking baker’s best friend because it is SO EASY. But it’s like making your very own chocolate bar – completely customizable. Even so, I highly recommend using the combination of cherries and cashew nuts. The tart chewy cherries are the perfect accompaniment to the salty crunchy roasted cashews.
It’s also a great one for entertaining. Friends dropping by? Whip up some chocolate bark in ten minutes flat and then let everyone dive in. You are guaranteed to make some hungry people very happy. And no one has to know how quick it was to make (and eat – speaking from experience!).
I recently stumbled into a gourmet food precinct not far from our house (thank you Sydney) and one of the stores there had so many American supplies. I was in heaven! We only bought a few things but one of them was freeze-dried cherries. Bliss!
I love freeze-dried berries but they can be a little hard to find here in Australia. Of course, you can buy them online or find them in speciality grocers like I did. You can also swap them out for dried cranberries or similar in this recipe. But I know my American friends have freeze dried berries at their fingertips.
I hope your having a great week! I’m really looking forward to the weekend after an extra busy few weeks of life. My husband and I have been missing America so much lately. I can’t believe it’s been close to two years since we went on our last trip – time has just flown by.
Meanwhile we had to put in our leave over Christmas this week at work. Does anyone else feel like they blinked and it was November?! I feel like my year is on fast forward. Can’t say I’m too sad though as I do love Christmas. And I’ve already started planning all the special Christmas bakes for you!
Roasted salted cashew nuts and freeze-dried cherries are scattered over melted dark and white chocolate.
- 275 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) good quality dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) good quality white chocolate
- 10 grams (1/4 cup) freeze dried cherries*
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) salted roasted cashew nuts
- Line an oven tray or similar with a piece of parchment or baking paper. Melt your dark chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until just melted – but be careful not to burn your chocolate.
- Spread your chocolate over your baking paper using a spatula until its fairly thin (the thickness is really up to you). Next, melt your white chocolate in the microwave and then dollop teaspoons of white chocolate over the dark chocolate. Then use a butter knife to make swirls.
- While the chocolate is still wet, scatter over the cherries and cashew nuts. Sprinkle over a little sea salt. Place in the fridge for an hour or so until set. Then break into pieces using your hands and devour.
*You can find freeze dried cherries in specialty food stores or online. You could also use freeze dried raspberries, strawberries or blueberries.