Easy Apricot Balls that make for the perfect, healthy snack. Everyone needs a go-to bliss ball recipe and this is mine! 5 ingredient Apricot Balls that are gluten free, dairy free and vegan!
Happy New Year 🎉
I’m so excited it’s 2020! And I’m kicking off the new year with a brand new recipe that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. These bite-sized Apricot Balls are a great, healthy snack that’s tasty too!
They’re quick and easy to make, and perfect for the lunchbox! 🧡
It’s no secret that I have a serious sweet tooth, so I’m always on the hunt for a good healthy-ish snack that can help a girl out. I first tried my hand at Apricot Balls late last year when I was going through a serious dried apricot phase. Since then, they’ve been on regular rotation at my house.
And for good reason. Not only do they make for a quick energy boost but they’re so easy to make. You can throw a batch together in 15 minutes or so and then store them in the fridge for a go-to snack all week long.
I often take them to work for an afternoon pick-me-up, but you could really eat them anytime of the day – after the gym, for dessert or you could pop one or two in the kids’ lunchbox.
If you love apricots, you’ll adore these easy Apricot Balls. They’re also naturally gluten free, dairy free and vegan. So everyone can enjoy a quick energy fix!
TIPS FOR MAKING PERFECT APRICOT BALLS
- These are no bake balls but you will need a food processor of some sort to combine the ingredients.
- Medjool dates help give the balls a little sweetness and they also help to bind. If your dates still have their seeds in them, you can soak them in water for a few minutes to help soften them and then remove the seeds by hand.
- If you’re having trouble with the balls holding them shape, try squeezing the tablespoon of mixture in your hand and then gently rolling. If they are too dry or crumbly, you can add a touch more coconut oil. But be careful, because you don’t want to make them too sticky or wet!
- Leave them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up and dry out slightly. Then enjoy!
MORE HEALTHY-ISH SNACKS TO TRY:
Super easy Apricot Balls made with just 5 ingredients.
- 15 dried apricots
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) almond meal
- 15 grams (1/4 cup) desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- To a food processor, add apricots, dates, almond meal, coconut and coconut oil. Mix on high for 1 minute or until mixture is finely processed – it’s ok if it’s a little bit chunky.
- Roll tablespoons of apricot mix into small balls, using your hands, until smooth. Dip each ball in extra coconut and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining apricot mixture.
- Place balls in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set. Store balls in fridge.
You can easily double or triple this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 138
Keywords: Apricot bliss balls, Apricot balls