You’d never guess this moist Eggless Chocolate Cake is dairy free and vegan friendly. Made without eggs, butter or milk, its rich flavour and tender texture rivals any regular chocolate cake.
Introducing the ultimate chocolate cake with NO eggs, NO butter and NO milk.
An Eggless Chocolate Cake that’s dairy free and vegan AND DELICIOUS? Right here my friend 👇🏻 This is a seriously fudgy, moist and tender chocolate cake that everyone will love.
Covered in a drippy chocolate icing, it’s the perfect dessert.
Who knew it was possible to make a delicious chocolate cake without eggs? Not me.
If you would have asked me a few weeks ago, if I could make a cake without any eggs or butter that still tasted amazing, I would have probably said no. But now, my answer would be a resounding YES.
This is the cake of all cakes.
Seriously, this cake is everything. Sometimes referred to as a Wacky Cake or Depression Cake, this super simple style of cake was first born back in the day, when ingredients like butter and eggs were scarce.
But today, a cake like this is super handy because of food intolerances and dietary choices. Because even if you are lactose intolerant, allergic to eggs or following a vegan diet, you can still enjoy a rich piece of chocolate cake
Because what is life without cake anyway?
What you will love about this cake is how easy it is to throw together. You don’t even need an electric mixer – just a bowl and spoon.
In fact, this very cake could be baking in your oven in just 20 minutes. And I bet you have all the ingredients sitting in your pantry right now. #justsayin
What you will end up with is a super soft cake, in fact, it almost melts-in-your-mouth. The cocoa flavour is strong but sweet.
For the perfect dairy free frosting, I also added a delicious drippy icing made with cocoa powder and maple syrup. It’s the perfect pairing. The icing literally melts into the cake and makes it mouthwateringly moist.
A soft and moist chocolate cake made without eggs or butter.
Eggless chocolate cake
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams (1 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease an 8-inch round cake tin with oil spray and line with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa powder. baking soda and sugar and stir briefly. In a separate mixing bowl, add water, oil and vanilla.
- Add water mixture to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 28-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Carefully remove from cake tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, sift together sugar and cocoa. Add maple syrup and water and stir until smooth. Pour over cooled cake and serve immediately.