A soft and moist chocolate cake made without eggs or butter.
Eggless chocolate cake
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams (1 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease an 8 inch round cake tin with butter and line with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa powder. baking soda and sugar and stir briefly. In a separate mixing bowl, add water, oil and vanilla.
- Add water mixture to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour into prepare cake tin and bake for 28-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Carefully remove from cake tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, sift together sugar and cocoa. Add maple syrup and water and stir until smooth. Pour over cooled cake and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 320
Keywords: Vegan chocolate cake, Eggless cake, Dairy free chocolate cake