3 MORE SLEEPS.
Can you believe that Christmas is THIS weekend? Life has been so busy, I’m still in a state of shock that it’s December, let alone Christmas. But I am officially ready. After all, Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year!
So today, I wanted to share one of my fave Christmas brekkie recipes with you. If you love eggnog this ones for you! Golden, crunchy brioche French toast that is lightly spiced, grilled to perfection and then drowned in maple syrup. Merry Christmas friends!
How do you like to kick off the festivities on Christmas morning? If it usually involves an indulgent breakfast, I’ve got you covered! Made using store-bought eggnog (or you could use your own homemade eggnog if your fancy like that) this Easy Eggnog French Toast is a breeze to put together.
Just whisk your eggs, eggnog and a few spices and you have your batter all ready to go. I love to use store-bought brioche bread for my french toast to make it that bit special, but you can use regular thick cut white bread if that’s what you have on hand.
Fry until golden and then serve your Eggnog French Toast with a little (re: ALOT) of maple syrup and some fresh berries and you have the PERFECT Christmas Day breakfast. Or a great start to Boxing Day when your cleaning up all the wrapping paper and need to use up your leftover eggnog.
I hope you’ve had a great week in the final countdown to the big day. I’ve been madly trying to finish up things at work (2 more days!) and get things sorted for the big day. Last night we had our work Christmas party, so the festivities have well and truly begun!
And as I mentioned in my previous post, we had a Christmas lunch at work on Monday and played a round of Bad Santa. I promised to tell you how it turned out. Well I was one of the very last people to choose a present and ended up with the coolest pot plant. I was so right though, half the room ended up mildly annoyed and I think everyone was glad when it was over!
So in all seriousness, this is my very last post before Christmas so I just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas. Thank you for coming on the journey with me this year and being a part of Sweetest Menu. I really appreciate it and am so looking forward to many more sweet adventures next year. Won’t you join me? x
Easy Eggnog French Toast, lightly spiced, grilled to perfection and then drowned in maple syrup.
- 4 large eggs
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cup) eggnog
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8–10 slices of brioche bread, thickly sliced
- Butter, for frying
- Maple syrup and fresh berries, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, eggnog, cinnamon, rum extract and nutmeg. Gently whisk together until combined. Place a frying pan onto medium heat. Dunk one slice of bread into the eggnog mixture, ensuring both sides are coated. Add a teaspoon of butter to the frying pan, then fry the bread for approximately 2 minutes or until golden brown, on each side. Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- Serve your French toast warm with maple syrup and fresh berries.