Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
Easy Eggnog French Toast, lightly spiced, grilled to perfection and then drowned in maple syrup.
- 4 large eggs
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cup) eggnog
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8–10 slices of brioche bread, thickly sliced
- Butter, for frying
- Maple syrup and fresh berries, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, eggnog, cinnamon, rum extract and nutmeg. Gently whisk together until combined. Place a frying pan onto medium heat. Dunk one slice of bread into the eggnog mixture, ensuring both sides are coated. Add a teaspoon of butter to the frying pan, then fry the bread for approximately 2 minutes or until golden brown, on each side. Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- Serve your French toast warm with maple syrup and fresh berries.
Category: BreakfastCuisine: American