Looking for the ultimate Christmas dessert? Try this gorgeous Baked Eggnog Cheesecake with a ginger cookie crust, a creamy eggnog filling and a luscious maple caramel topping.
Ok I may have just found my new favourite Christmas dessert.
A deliciously rich Baked Eggnog Cheesecake covered in maple caramel. With a crunchy ginger cookie crust and a creamy eggnog filling, it’s a collision of festive flavours.
Best of all, it’s a really easy cheesecake to make! You don’t even need a water bath. #winning
It’s that time of year when eggnog graces our shelves for just a few weeks, so it’s time to make the most of it! Last year, I made Eggnog French Toast, but this year, it’s all about that cheesecake.
With a hint of ginger and cinnamon, this creamy cheesecake is heaven. And that maple caramel just puts it completely over-the-top.
I know cheesecake has the reputation for being a little tricky but it doesn’t have to be. This cheesecake is an easy mix and bake recipe, follow the method and you’ll be just fine. And as I mentioned you don’t need to worry about a water bath.
The maple caramel is made with maple syrup, brown sugar, butter and cream. And it is wickedly good. Honestly it takes this cheesecake to the next level.
I gave my husband a piece of this Baked Eggnog Cheesecake for feedback. He said, “This may be the best thing you’ve ever made.” So if you won’t take my word for it, you can take his 😉
AND because you can make it the night before, it’s perfect for entertaining this Christmas. You can even make the caramel ahead of time too!
Baked eggnog cheesecake with a ginger cookie crust, covered in maple caramel.
- 250 grams (2 cups) store bought ginger cookies*, finely crushed
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 500 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) store bought eggnog
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) full fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) thickened or heavy cream, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 160 C (320 F). Lightly grease a 9 inch round springform pan with a little butter along the bottom and around the sides. Place a piece of parchment or baking paper on the bottom.
- Place your cookie crumbs in a large mixing bowl. Melt your butter in the microwave, then pour over cookie crumbs and mix well. It should resemble wet sand. Place your crumbs into your prepared pan and press down gently to form an even layer. Pop in the fridge.
- Add cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and beat again. Then add eggs, one at a time, until combined. Add eggnog, sour cream and spices and beat until smooth and creamy but try not to over mix.
- Pour your cheesecake filling over your crust and smooth over the top. Bake in the oven for approximately 40-45 minutes or until it no longer wobbles in the middle. Try not to over bake it as it will continue to cook as it cools. Leave the cheesecake in the oven (turned off) with the door ajar for at least one hour.
- Remove cheesecake and leave to cool on a cooling rack before transferring to the fridge. The cheesecake is best left in the fridge for 2-3 hours (or overnight) until it cools completely and becomes nice and firm before slicing.
- To make maple caramel, place maple syrup and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Add butter and stir until smooth. Add cream and stir until smooth. Heat caramel for an additional 1-2 minutes. Then pour into a heatproof bowl and leave to cool for 15 minutes. Finally, place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to thicken.
- To serve cheesecake, pour over maple caramel. Cut into slices.
*You could substitute the ginger cookies with regular graham crackers or Digestive biscuits and add 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 353
Keywords: Cheesecake, Caramel, Maple, Christmas