Looking for an easy make-ahead Christmas dessert? Try my Amazing Ice Cream Pudding Bombe filled with pistachios, cranberries and Turkish delight and drizzled with chocolate.
Introducing the easiest Christmas dessert ever ❤️
This Amazing Ice Cream Pudding Bombe transforms store bought ingredients into the most spectacular Christmas centrepiece!
Gorgeous chocolate sponge cake surrounds creamy vanilla ice-cream that’s studded with pistachios, cranberries, chocolate and Turkish delight.
Even though I love making time-consuming desserts for a special occasion, Christmas is that time of year when things can get a little c-r-a-z-y. So one thing I love to do is make my dessert ahead of time.
Having one thing sorted takes a weight off my mind and lets me tick something off my list. And this Ice Cream Pudding Bombe is just that dessert.
It’s quick, it’s easy, and it can be made days or even weeks ahead of time. In fact, it’s even BETTER made ahead so all the flavours can develop. #winning
When it comes to serving, all you have to do is flip it over, pour over some melted chocolate and pop a few fresh cherries on top. Christmas dessert sorted.
But I know what you’re thinking – it’s quick and easy but does it taste good? Oh yes it does. The sponge rolls are soft and sweet, pairing perfectly with the creamy ice cream.
Then there’s the crunch from the salty pistachios, the chewiness of the dried cranberries and the chunks of dark chocolate. For a little more of that festive flavour, I also add fragrant Turkish delight.
So if you’re looking for a lip-smacking dessert that’s easy to make and will feed a crowd, this is the dessert for you!
Only 4 more sleeps to Christmas and I’m ready for holidays! I actually haven’t finished planning my own Christmas menu but one thing I do know is I’ll be eating this 👇🏻 ALL Christmas holidays.
Merry Christmas x
The best make-ahead Christmas dessert! Chocolate sponge cake surrounds creamy ice-cream stuffed with pistachios, cranberries, chocolate and Turkish delight.
- Approximately 400 grams store bought mini chocolate sponge rolls
- 2 litres (8 cups) good quality vanilla ice cream
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) pistachios
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) dried cranberries
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) Turkish delight*, chopped
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate
- Fresh cherries, to serve
- Line a 2 litre (8 cup capacity) round bowl with plastic wrap, ensuring all sides overhang. Remove ice cream from the freezer and leave to soften for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the chocolate sponge rolls into 1/2 inch slices. Starting at the bottom, place the sponge rolls slices in the bowl, going all the way up the sides. Ensure they are all touching each other to minimise any gaps. Set aside remaining sponge rolls.
- Place ice cream in a large mixing bowl. Add pistachios, cramberries, chocolate chips and Turkish delight and stir to combine. Spoon the ice cream over the sponge rolls. Smooth the top.
- Cover the top of the ice cream with remaining sponge rolls. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds. Turn the cake upside down and gently remove from the bowl using the plastic wrap. Pour melted chocolate all over the top, letting it run down the sides. Decorate with fresh cherries.
*The Turkish delight goes quite hard when frozen. I like it because it’s hard but chewy, but if you prefer, you could swap this for 1/2 cup of tinned or glaced cherries.
our favourite small batch bakes
Sign up to the sweet club and we'll send our small batch ebook straight to your inbox.