This easy Dairy Free Chocolate Cake is perfectly fudgy and moist. Made with dairy free chocolate, olive oil and almond milk, it is a simple mix and stir recipe – no electric mixer required.
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze.
IT’S HERE! 🙌🏻
Finally! A deliciously rich chocolate cake that’s completely dairy free. That’s right! No butter, no milk, NO PROBLEM.
It’s cakey AND fudgy with a drippy olive oil ganache. It’s the cake of your dreams! ❤️
I’m so excited to be teaming up with Almond Breeze to bring you some amazing new recipes! Starting with this gorgeous chocolate cake.
Honestly, I could not stop eating this cake. My favourite part? That gooey olive oil ganache. It makes me swoon just looking at it! It starts out silky smooth, but give it a few minutes and it goes a little firmer, with the perfect melt-in-your-mouth texture.
Who knew chocolate + olive oil = heaven! It makes for a wonderful dairy free frosting.
Since I recently shared my Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe with you, I’ve been inspired to push the limits on chocolate cake. So a delicious choccy cake can be made without flour, but is it possible to create one without dairy? OH YES IT IS.
Honestly I think this cake rivals ANY cake with butter. It has a beautiful crumb and a seriously moist centre. And it pairs perfectly with the dark chocolate ganache.
And the best part of this cake? It’s one bowl. All you need is a bowl and a spoon and this cake is ready to go in the oven. I don’t know about you but I get seriously excited about recipes that are easy AND tasty. And this is most definitely one of them!
I made this cake again this week for a group of friends and no one even guessed it was dairy free!
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to get baking! Don’t forget to snap a pic of your Chocolate Cake and tag @sweetestmenu on Instagram.
A deliciously easy, one bowl chocolate cake that’s dairy free!
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 60 grams (3/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) hot water
- 150 grams (1 cup) dairy free dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil*
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Add the sugars and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Add the eggs, almond milk, olive oil and vanilla and gently fold. Pour in the hot water and stir until a smooth chocolate batter forms.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, add the chocolate and olive oil to a small bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Leave to stand for 15 minutes. Pour ganache all over cake.
*Use a mild tasting olive oil so it doesn’t overwhelm the chocolate flavour.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 331
Keywords: Chocolate, Cake, Dairy free, Dessert