A deliciously easy, one bowl chocolate cake that’s dairy free!
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 60 grams (3/4 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) hot water
- 150 grams (1 cup) dairy free dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil*
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch round cake pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Add the sugars and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Add the eggs, almond milk, olive oil and vanilla and gently fold. Pour in the hot water and stir until a smooth chocolate batter forms.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, add the chocolate and olive oil to a small bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Leave to stand for 15 minutes. Pour ganache all over cake.
*Use a mild tasting olive oil so it doesn’t overwhelm the chocolate flavour.