And we’re baaack with another peanut butter and chocolate special! Friends, this is my Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake. A soft and moist chocolate sour cream cake with a sweet ribbon of peanut butter cheesecake filling hidden inside.
The entire cake is flooded with rich dark chocolate ganache and sprinkled with golden honey roasted peanuts. It’s a peanut butter lover’s dream. Tell me, I’m not the only one obsessed with peanut butter desserts am I? You are going to love this surprise inside bundt cake!
It’s been a peanut butter filled month here at Sweetest Menu. From those Loaded Peanut Butter Oreo Bars to last week’s Snickers Peanut Butter Pie. But you don’t mind do you? Plus this recipe has chocolate, so it’s got to be a winner right?
We all know that chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. I am in love with the drippy chocolate ganache and the honey roasted peanuts add a lovely sweet crunch. The best part is that the peanut butter filling is a surprise (just like my Peanut Butter Oreo Buckeyes) – way to impress your family and friends!
How is your week going? I’m excited because we have a long weekend coming up (fist pump). I could really get used to the whole three day weekend thing. It means I have an extra day for baking and photographing so I am madly brainstorming over here. I also have my sister-in-law’s baby shower and I’m making cupcakes.
My new gorgeous greaseproof cupcake liners from Sweets and Treats arrived from the USA this week – talk about perfect timing! You’d never guess how hard it is to find quality cupcake liners here in Aus!
So if you are craving a piece of moist and fluffy chocolate cake but love a good sweet and salty twist, this is the cake for you. It ticks all the boxes, from the rich chocolate cake to the creamy peanut butter cheesecake filling.
I am sharing this decadent recipe over on Love Swah today. Sarah (Swah) lives in Sydney and has a gorgeous travel, design and baking blog. We share a love for all things baked so I am excited to pop by and share one of my favourite new cake recipes. Pop on over and check it out! Thanks for having me Swah!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
A moist chocolate sour cream cake with peanut butter cheesecake hidden inside, topped with chocolate ganache.
Peanut butter filling
- 1/2 cup (125 grams) smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) full fat block or brick-style cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (17 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 cup and 1 tablespoon (250 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200 grams) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (135 grams) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 and 3/4 cup (245 grams) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (60 grams) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) hot water
- 1 cup (240 ml) full fat sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup (150 grams) good quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup (240 ml) thickened or heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) honey roasted peanuts
- Grease your bundt cake tin really well with butter and sprinkle the bottom with a little cocoa powder. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- Make the peanut butter filling. In a large mixing bowl add your peanut butter, cream cheese and caster sugar and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Then add your vanilla, butter and egg. Beat again until combined.
- Then sift in your cornflour and stir through. Pop your peanut butter mixture into the fridge.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until pale, approximately 4 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and beat again. Add one egg at a time and continue to beat until mixture is combined and creamy.
- Boil the kettle and pour out 1/2 cup water and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda and lightly whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, along with the hot water and gently fold with a spatula. Add the sour cream and fold until the mixture is completely combined and smooth. It will be quite thick – this is fine.
- Grab your peanut butter mixture out of the fridge. Pour two thirds of the chocolate batter into your prepared bundt pan and the dollop the peanut butter mixture over the top, ensuring it doesn’t touch the sides of the tin. Then dollop over the remaining chocolate batter and smooth the top – the peanut butter mixture should be completely covered.
- Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool for about 30 minutes before very carefully removing from the tin and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate ganache. Chop your dark chocolate into small pieces and transfer to a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, add your cream and pop on medium heat. Once the cream is warm but not boiling, pour the cream over the chocolate and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the time is up, gently whisk the mixture until smooth. Leave to stand for a few minutes and then pop in the fridge for 30 minutes or so to thicken slightly. Then pour the chocolate ganache all over your cake and sprinkle over your honey roasted peanuts.
Cake: Be careful when removing your cake from your bundt pan as the peanut butter filling will sink while cooking and may make the cake extra fragile. Grease your bundt pan really well and leave to cool before attempting to remove from the tin.
Leave a Comment