Easy no bake 6 ingredient White Chocolate Rocky Road.
- 600 grams (3 cups) good quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150 grams (2 and 1/4 cups) large pink and white marshmallows
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) pistachios, plus extra for decorating
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) dried cranberries, plus extra for decorating
- 30 grams (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) chewy red lollies
- Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper.
- Place white chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Melt in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth.
- Add marshmallows, pistachios, cranberries, coconut and red lollies and stir until all the mix-ins are covered with chocolate.
- Pour the rocky road into the prepared pan and spread out into one even layer. Press extra pistachios and cranberries on top while the chocolate is still wet.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or until set. Cut into small squares and serve.
White Chocolate: You will need a couple of blocks of white chocolate. I recommend using blocks of chocolate rather than melts or chocolate chips. I use Nestle Plaistowe chocolate – use the best chocolate you can.
If you don’t have a microwave, you can melt the white chocolate using a double boiler. Simply sit a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan on medium heat that has a few inches of simmering water in it. Ensure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir gently by hand to melt the chocolate.
Marshmallows: I love to use large marshmallows for this recipe because they look fabulous when sliced and help to break up the chocolate. You can substitute mini marshmallows if that’s what you have on hand.
Pistachios: Nothing says Christmas like pistachios and cranberries. You can use raw or toasted pistachios here. You can even use salted pistachios if you like a bit of sweet and salty.
Cranberries: Dried cranberries work best – even the reduced sugar dried cranberries will work fine here.
Coconut: I recommend using unsweetened shredded coconut. However, desiccated coconut will also work.
Red lollies: For a pop of colour and extra chew, I love to throw in some red lollies – I use red raspberries. You can use any red chewy lolly you prefer in this rocky road. You could try Allen’s Raspberries, Swedish Fish, Red Liquorice or Turkish Delight or anything similar.
Storage: Keep White Chocolate Rocky Road in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.