Creamy strawberries and cream cheesecake bars topped with chocolate-dipped strawberries.
- 250 grams (2 cups) plain sweet cookies*
- 115 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 cup) fresh strawberries
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 grams (2 cups) full fat cream cheese*, room temperature
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 300 grams (2 cups) dark or milk chocolate
- 12 fresh strawberries
- Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- Add all the cookies to your food processor and whiz until finely crushed. Add most of the butter to the cookie crumbs and whiz again. You want a crumb that is moist and holds its shape, not too wet and not to dry. Add a little more butter as needed. Press the crumbs into your prepared tray and pop in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Trim the ends of your strawberries. Add the fresh strawberries into a food processor or blender. Whiz until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and whiz again. Press strawberry mixture through a sieve and discard any lumps or seeds.
- Add cream to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric whisk until firm peaks form. Roughly chop cream cheese and add to a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add strawberry mixture and mix again. Once the mixture is combined and smooth, gently fold in the whipped cream. Pour the mixture over the cookie base. Refrigerate, cover, for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Melt half the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth. Dip strawberries in chocolate and place on a baking tray covered in baking paper. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth. Remove strawberry cheesecake from the fridge. Carefully cut into squares, using a sharp knife. Then, carefully spoon over a little chocolate and add a chocolate dipped strawberry on top.
This is a very soft no bake cheesecake so be very careful when you’re cutting it. If you’re having trouble cutting the cheesecake, pop it in the freezer for 15-30 minutes to firm up slightly.
*You can use any plain, sweet cookies like graham crackers or Digestive biscuits.
*Don’t use spreadable cream cheese, you want the full fat block of cream cheese.