Learn how to make perfect Cornmeal Cookies, with crispy golden edges, a soft fluffy centre and the taste of buttery corn in everrry single bite.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 120 grams (3/4 cup) cornmeal or polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla, egg and honey and mix again until combined.
- Sift in the plain flour and baking soda. Add the polenta and salt and stir until combined. Roll balls of cookie dough using your hands, approximately 1 tablespoon each, and place on prepared trays.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 237
Keywords: Dessert, Cookies, Cornmeal, Polenta, Dessert