Learn how to make perfect Cornmeal Cookies, with crispy golden edges, a soft fluffy centre and the taste of buttery corn in everrry single bite.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 120 grams (3/4 cup) cornmeal or polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla, egg and honey and mix again until combined.
- Sift in the plain flour and baking soda. Add the polenta and salt and stir until combined. Roll teaspoons of the cookie dough and place on prepared trays. Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 237
Keywords: Dessert, Cookies, Cornmeal, Polenta, Dessert