An easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Mug Cake made in the microwave.
- 45 grams (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons plain flour)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
In a small bowl, sift the plain flour, then add the sugar and baking powder. Give it a stir. In a separate bowl, add the butter and microwave until just melted. Add the milk, vanilla and egg yolk to the melted butter and whisk gently. Add the peanut butter and stir – it’s ok if it’s a little lumpy.
Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Pour cake batter in a mug, then microwave your cake for approximately 1 minute and 40 seconds* (900W microwave). Leave to cool for a minute or two, then add a tablespoon of strawberry jam on top.
Adjust the time accordingly if your microwave is more/less powerful. The cake should be slightly firm on top and spring back when lightly touched.