A deliciously easy Nutella Swirl Banana Bread with big, beautiful swirls of Nutella baked into the batter.
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large overripe bananas
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) greek yogurt
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) Nutella
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line a 8 x 4 inch loaf tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the plain flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk together to combine.
- Peel and mash your bananas really well with a fork. In a separate bowl, add the vegetable oil, egg, vanilla and greek yogurt. Whisk to combine. Then, add your wet mixture, along with your mashed banana, into your dry mixture and gently fold until combined.
- Warm your Nutella in the microwave for 10-20 seconds, then add 1/4 cup of Nutella into your banana mixture. Very gently fold through (try to keep the Nutella swirls), then pour the batter into your prepared tin. Add the rest of the Nutella on top and gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake your banana bread in the oven for 30 minutes. Then, place a loose piece of alfoil over the top of the bread to help prevent it from going too brown. Bake for another 10 – 15 minutes or until a butter knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before gently removing the bread from the loaf tin to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 279
Keywords: Nutella, Banana, Bread