These easy Nutella Cheesecake Chocolate Cups have a crisp chocolate shell and a creamy cheesecake filling.
- 250 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) cream cheese, room temperature
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) Nutella
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sour cream
- 525 grams (3 and 1/2 cups) dark chocolate*
- Line a 12-hole muffin tray with cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and beat with an electric mixture for 1 minute or until smooth and creamy. Add Nutella and vanilla and beat to combine. Add sour cream and beat briefly until smooth.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave until melted and smooth, making sure to stir every 30 seconds.
- To assemble chocolate cups, add approximately 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate into the bottom of your cupcake liners, ensuring it covers the entire base. Add a tablespoon of Nutella cheesecake mixture and place it on top. Make sure the cheesecake doesn’t touch the side of the liner so there’s room for the chocolate to completely cover the sides.
- Generously spoon more chocolate over the cheesecake mixture so it is completely covered. Repeat with remaining chocolate and cheesecake mixture, until you have 12 chocolate cups.
- Pop chocolate cups into the fridge for two hours or until set. Store in the refrigerator or the freezer.
I prefer to use dark chocolate for the shell or a mix of half dark and half milk chocolate. You can use whatever chocolate you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1 cheesecake cup
- Calories: 371
Keywords: Nutella, Chocolate, Cheesecake, Dessert