A creamy chocolate cheesecake with an Oreo crust.
- 200 grams (approximately 20) Oreo cookies
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 500 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) cream cheese, room temperature
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon icing or powdered sugar
- 250 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) fresh raspberries
- Lightly grease a 9 inch springform baking tin with a little butter and set aside.
- Add Oreo cookies (cream and all) to a food processor and blend until they resemble fine crumbs. Melt butter in the microwave and pour over your crushed Oreos and whiz again the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour Oreo mixture into your prepared tin and press down gently to form an even layer. Pop in the fridge.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, add cream and beat with an electric mixer until whipped. Finally, melt your dark chocolate in the microwave until it is just melted – give it a good stir.
- Add your chocolate to your cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Then gently fold through the whipped cream. Pour your cheesecake over the top of your Oreos and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or, even better, overnight.
- To decorate, place cream in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff and whipped. Then sift in icing sugar and cocoa and gently fold through. Pop your chocolate cream in a piping bag fitted with a large round tip and pipe along the edges. Decorate with fresh raspberries.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 583
Keywords: Chocolate, Cheesecake, Oreo, Raspberries