An easy No Bake Oreo Cheesecake with an Oreo crust.
- 250 grams (approximately 25 cookies) Oreo cookies
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) butter
- 500 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 65 grams (1/3 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream*
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) full fat sour cream
- 150 grams (approximately 15 cookies) Oreo cookies, chopped
- 240 ml (1 cup) whipped cream, to decorate
- Mini Oreo cookies, to decorate
- Oreo cookies, crushed, to decorate
- Lightly grease an 8 inch springform baking tin with butter and line the bottom with baking or parchment paper.
- Add Oreo cookies (cream and all) to a food processor and blend until they resemble fine crumbs. Melt butter in the microwave and then pour over crushed Oreos and whiz again until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour Oreo mixture into prepared tin and press down gently using the back of a spoon to form an even layer. Pop in fridge.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixture until smooth and creamy. Add cream and beat for a few minutes or until mixture becomes thick and holds its shape. Add sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Gently fold through chopped Oreos. Pour cheesecake mixture on top of the Oreo cookie crust, smooth the top and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Add whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe swirls of cream along the edges. Decorate with mini Oreo cookies and crushed Oreo cookie crumbs.
*Cream: You must use a high-fat cream that is suitable for whipping. Here in Australia, it’s called thickened cream. It is usually at least 35% fat and will say on the product that it is suitable for whipping. Do not use light, pouring or cooking cream or your cheesecake won’t set.