Buttery honey cut-out cookies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 160 grams (1/2 cup) honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 315 grams (2 and 1/4 cup) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add honey and the egg yolk. Beat again to form a creamy mixture. Sift in the flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon.
- Beat briefly until dough starts to come together. Use your hands to gather the dough and form into a large round disc. Wrap the dough in plastic and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two cookie or oven trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your bench and roll out the dough using a rolling pin to about 1/2 inch thick. Dust your rolling pin as you go to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Cut out shapes using cookie cutters and gently place the cookies onto the prepared trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just golden on the edges. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 191
Keywords: Honey cookies, Gingerbread cookies, Honey biscuits