An easy no bake dessert made with fresh strawberries, whipped cream and meringue.
- 500 grams (3 and 1/2 cups) fresh strawberries, plus extra for serving
- 125 grams (1 cup) fresh raspberries, plus extra for serving
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) mascarpone cheese*
- 70 grams (2 cups) store bought meringues
- Quarter and hull strawberries and place in a large bowl. Add raspberries. Sprinkle over sugar and stir until all the fruit is coated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Stir through mascarpone cheese.
- Crush meringues, using your hands. In a large bowl, gently fold together the fruit, whipped cream and crushed meringue.
- Serve Eton Mess in individuals bowls, and top with extra fresh fruit.
*If you don’t have mascarpone cheese, you can use a thick greek yoghurt or sour cream.
Keywords: Eton Mess, Pavlova, Trifle