Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour
Soft and chewy chocolate brownies made with coconut oil.
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) coconut oil, melted
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add coconut oil, sugar and vanilla and mix briefly.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs and whisk with a fork for approximately 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add eggs to sugar mixture, along with cocoa powder, flour and chocolate chips. Gently mix with a spoon or spatula to combine. Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for approximately 28-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly before removing from pan.
Coconut oil: Make sure your coconut oil is melted. You can just pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds to melt.
If you’re looking for a vegan recipe, try my Vegan Brownies.
Serving Size: 1 brownie Calories: 169 Sugar: 15.3 g Sodium: 14 mg Fat: 9.4 g Carbohydrates: 20.4 g Protein: 2.4 g Cholesterol: 34.9 mg
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: BrowniesCuisine: American